Welcome to the Franklin County Firefighters | Grant Medical Center EMS Education program! We’re happy you are considering our EMT school for continuing your education. Please review the information below and don’t hesitate to contact us for additional information.
170 hours (approximately 4 1/2 months)
Monday and Wednesday evenings
|VIsit our Calendar for EMT School start dates|
Student Admission Notice
Students are accepted on a priority basis according to their fire department or EMS system affiliation.
- Active members of a fire department or government-based EMS system will be given priority admission consideration.
- Non-fire department applicants, those affiliated with a private EMS or ambulance company and others are accepted on a “space available” basis.
All persons interested in registering for an EMT class must apply with the Grant EMS Education program and meet all admission requirements.
Contact us for specific details or questions.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license
- Valid high school diploma or GED certificate
- Satisfactory physical exam completed within the past year
- Payment of tuition no later than the first scheduled day of class
$1200 and up (dependent upon EMS department’s affiliation with program) includes textbooks, basic life support class, initial National Registry testing, school uniform shirt and priority on-campus parking.
Application and Enrollment
Qualified applicants must complete an application and submit information as required.
- Step 1: EMS Education Student Application Requirements
- Step 2: EMS Education Student Application
- Step 3: EMS Education Student Health Examination Report
Course Completion Requirements
Upon successful completion of all requirements, including student orientation, class attendance, homework, examinations, field-based clinical rotations, hospital-based clinical rotations and any other student/class requirements, the student may be eligible to sit for the Ohio EMS Certification Exam (National Registry).
National Registry of EMTs
All National Registry practical exams have open registration unless full. Students outside of the EMS Professions program may complete their testing at our test site. You must make a testing reservation and bring a government issued photo ID with you to the exam site. National Registry of EMTs
The Franklin County Firefighters | Grant Medical Center EMS Education program is accredited by the State of Ohio Department of Public Safety, Division of EMS (Accreditation # 314).
The Franklin County Firefighters | Grant Medical Center EMS Education program’s paramedic school is nationally accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon review and recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
Information is subject to change. Contact the EMS Education office to confirm information and details.